Sunday 9 January 2011

Finally Done and Moving On.

Christmas has been and gone. It felt like i focussed on it for a long time. It was great, we all had a wonderful time and it was amazing to have a Christmas in which there wasn't a job lost or a wedding to plan for. Michael and I had enough money to spare for gifts and enough time to focus on each other and our families. It was as perfect as we could have wished, and we came back down to earth with a bump this week!

I realise that this is late, but i wanted to share my Christmas knits. Of all the things on the list i knitted, the only ones i photographed were:

Mam's lace shawl
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss Sock
Colourway: Winter's Night
Needles 4.5mm

Sarah's Spiral Cowl
Pattern: Spiral Cowl
Yarn: King Cole Merino Blend Aran
Colourway: Rose
Needles: 5mm


Rachel's mustacheoed Cowl and Chapeau
Pattern: Incognito and Meret
Yarn: King Cole Merino Blend Aran
Colourway: Rose and Damson

I really had such fun with the knitted gifts this year and everyone seemed thrilled with their presents. I was proud to hand over a luxurious silk shawl to my mam who, being a knitter herself, understands the amount of time and effort that went into it.

As much fun as it was, I'm glad to be able to get back to knitting for myself. I went stash diving yesterday while spring cleaning and found all sorts of yarn i'd forgotten i have! So it's time to get back down to it. Since New Year, a few FOs have come off the needles and are awaiting photography, I'll get round to those very soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

0 much appreciated comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!