Sunday 7 November 2010

Movember

It's Movember, the month in which men all over the world grow funky facial hair to raise money for Prostate Cancer Charities. If you've never heard of it, where have you been? Maybe you're just not a facial hair lover, but I am.



Because of my fascination with facial fuzz and hot handlebars, I helped to start a moustache knit along on the British Banter group over at Ravelry. So far we only have two takers for joining (as well as myself), but I'm hoping even if we don't get many knitters, we'll get plenty of bidders! We plan to knit and crochet moustache art to auction off on ebay for charity in aid of prostate cancer.

So watch this space people. If you feel like joining along, come and see us over on Ravelry. If you fancy owning a fine piece of moustache paraphernalia, I'll let you know when the auctions go live.

Happy Movember!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I too am a major beard-liker. You can't play folk fiddle and melodeon and not be likin' beards is my thinkin!
    Want me one of those moustaches!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and btw, your bowl has sneaked itself into my blog post this week! x x x
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a facial hair hater, but this is the cutest project ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!