Tuesday 30 March 2010

The return to norm, whoever he is.

Well hello! It’s been a while, but the craziness of weddings and the aftermath is over and life is back to normal again (whatever normal is anyway).

I picked up the needles again (the knitting ones that is) for the first time last weekend and it feels gooooooood. I’m making a baby blanket as a nice and easy start (rectangular knitted shapes are easy yay!) for a girl at college and I am using this pattern, which is nice and repeaty and not really demanding. The mind can wander and I can chat or watch TV without having to ignore my immediate environment/stare mutely whilst fiercely counting at whoever asks me a question.
“Do you want a cup of tea?”
No answer (nodding but dearest husb is in the kitchen, not looking)
“answer me then”
Still no answer, still nodding, still not looking
“are you going to answer me or not?”
“I’M F*!%ng counting. SHHHH!”
Many a domestic has ensued.

I’m a big fan of knitting and crocheting with a point in mind, i.e. someone to give the finished result to/something I can sell/wear and no one has given me a better reason for picking up the sticks recently than my favourite blogger of craftland lollychops. Seems lollychops has a friend in need and as lollychops is a friend indeed (see what I did there) she has started a card drive for her poorly friend and colleague.
Now. As I am not all that awesome at card making and papercrafts although I will be turning my hand to it a bit more seriously in the future (more on that in future posts) I have decided to do something a bit different. It’s a secret for now and I hope it works out well otherwise I might cry. I shall show results in due course.


Short week this week, hope everyone's Easter plans are going well!

0 much appreciated comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!